Reinforced concrete sleepers
Reinforced concrete sleepers are special support for rails. They have an inner frame made of metal wire, the diameter of which depends on the type and dimensions of the sleepers. Manufacturing technology and product requirements are as follows:
- Preparation of a mix of homogeneous consistency.
- Staying within the exact dimensions and shapes for secure connection at the joints of the rails.
- Tensioned concrete of heavy brands is the main constructive material.
- The material must have adequate strength rate to withstand rail loads.
Scope of application and features
Reinforced concrete sleepers have found their application in the construction of railways. But the scope of the products is not limited. Concrete sleepers can even be used to build the foundations of a private house.
“VILES” Company offers for sale the reinforced concrete sleepers by the best Ukrainian manufacturers, providing the domestic market of reinforced concrete products for the construction of roads and tracks. All products are manufactured following the requirements of the GOST and meet the following criteria:
- A huge period of operation for up to 25 years.
- Resistance against the negative impact of atmospheric factors.
- The material is non-corrosive in the course of operation.
- Sleepers can withstand considerable mechanical stress.
- Easy installation and disassembly.
- Convenient transportation by any transport.
Reinforced concrete supports are installed upon the prepared surface, on an embankment of sand and rubble. For their durable operation, it is important to maintain the top layer of the ground. The structure has a considerable mass, so one needs to use special equipment for the installation of the sleepers. It is also necessary to arrange constant monitoring of the structure during the operation of the railway track to prevent any negative consequences.