In the course of project designing for a private house, it is important to choose wall materials properly. This choice might influence not only the durability of the whole structure but also the comfort of residing in the newly build house. When selecting a wall material, its worthy of considering the following criteria:
- Strength (from 75 kgf / cm2) and low density of the construction material. Thus, it is possible to guarantee the durability and reliability of the wall structure, while the wall panels would "breathe."
- Low thermal and sound conductivity. These characteristics provide the comfort of living and reduce the energy consumption for heating the building.
- Water resistance, fire resistance, and frost resistance of the material should linger for at least 50 cycles. It means that the material should not lose its characteristics in the course of freezing and defrosting.
- Labor intensity. It is also an important factor, defining the complexity and speed of construction works execution. Mostly, it depends on the size and weight of the building blocks.
Classification of materials, suitable for wall panels
Based on the above criteria, we can classify the whole group of wall materials into several types:
- Brick It is the most common type of construction materials used for wall erection. Today, you can purchase brick of different designs and types: silicate, standard, double, clinker, hollow, red, ceramic.
- Gas concrete block (blown -out concrete) This is an artificial stone massive, bearing excellent characteristics because of its pores containing air. The features of gas concrete block are lightweight, remarkable strength, fire resistance, noise isolation, and environmental friendliness. Specialists recommend purchasing gas concrete block for erecting wall panels, despite its relatively high cost in comparison to brick.
- Ceramic block It is a relatively inexpensive material, possessing high thermal and noise insulation rates. At the same time, ceramic materials are simple in operation. Also, they are lightweight, highly durable to mechanical and physical impact. If you are going to build a wall up to 5 floors high, it is enough to purchase ceramic block, while the load on the foundation will stay minimal.
"VILES" Company offers favorable terms of purchasing wall materials at an affordable price from the best Ukrainian manufacturers. Affordable price, high quality of products, and prompt delivery of construction materials to the customer's object are the principal approaches of our company.